Monday, June 1, 2009

June Pick

One of the best-loved novels of all time:

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen




Kimi's thoughts...
Although this book was written nearly 200 years ago, the themes and exploration of society are still relevant today. If you have never read this book, you are in for a treat. If you have read it in the past, I think you'll like it better this time around.
*Word of caution: It does start a little slow as characters are developed. Keep reading, the story line picks up.
*Check out the movie "Becoming Jane" prior to or while reading this book- it's a great peek into the life of Jane Austen and her writing Pride and Prejudice. It's not available at Redbox anymore, but the Salt Lake County libraries have it (as well as Blockbuster).

3 comments:

Amy said...

I loved the movie Becoming Jane and love this book. I'm looking forward to re-reading it.

Amy said...

Why am I being such a slacker?? I've been distracted by other books and hobbies. I promise to finish soon.

Amy said...

Aren't we gonna read Huck Finn??